Trading Pretty Beauty Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shipping Polish from the US to Other Countries - READ THIS!

Go down

Shipping Polish from the US to Other Countries - READ THIS! Empty Shipping Polish from the US to Other Countries - READ THIS!

Post  DJ - Forum Creator Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:41 pm

I've been doing research for a while regarding nail polish and shipping. While it's fairly simple to ship polish domestically (ground services such as First Class), it seems near impossible to ship flammable nail polish from the US to another country for average consumers like us! Non-flammable nail polish is not considered hazardous, so if you know of a super natural nail polish that isn't flammable you're all set!

However, the US does allow nail polish to be shipped to us here!

Now, I said NEAR impossible, but not impossible. In order to ship from the US to another country there are several things you need to know...

Based on International Air Transportation regulations you can ship nail polish (which is a class 3 hazardous material because it's flammable) international if:

1. Each individual bottle of nail polish is 30 ml or less (so about 1 oz or less)

2. The total volume of all of the nail polishes you send in one box cannot exceed 500 ml total (500 ml is just under 17 oz), so that's actually quite a few bottles that can be shipped at one time

3. You have to confirm with your shipper that the zip code you're shipping to accepts this type of danger goods. This is based on zip codes in some countries, not just countries or towns!

4. There is no hazard goods surcharge if you ship under these conditions to an area that accepts these types of goods (otherwise it's over $100 minimum)

So there you have it! If you'd like to swap internationally you can do so if you check with your shipper first and make sure you stick to these regulations. These are the regulations all shippers should stick to for international shipping btw, but definitely double-check with the shipper you choose. It took a lot to drag this info out of all of the reps I spoke with across several shippers Wink I hope it helps you guys!

Shipper contact info:

FedEx - 800-247-4747 (international shipping) and 901-434-3200 (dangerous goods)

UPS - 800-554-9964 (dangerous goods shipping)

USPS - 800-275-8777 (ask for international shipping and/or dangerous goods)
DJ - Forum Creator
DJ - Forum Creator
Admin

https://beauty-fullswappers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down